It’s 2015, and we’re back with another stellar episode of the Frequency podcast. We’re elated to share with you an interview (conducted by Dan!) with the talented and diverse Drew Brown. Yes, this Canadian singer-songwriter is a purveyor of his own brand of indie pop infused with folk and electronica. But he’s not content with just that. For his latest release, Analog Love in Digital Times – Part 1, Brown can add to the credits “producer” and provided most of the instrumentation.
Dan digs in with Drew to discuss the inspiration for his unique style, why his independence is important, and under what circumstances he would relinquish the reins on producing his own work. They even spend a few minutes chatting gear – we’ll circle around with Drew again to have a more complete conversation on that topic. It had both Dan and Joe geeking out.
- Want us to do a show featuring gear? Shoot us a note and let us know what you’d like us to cover. We have some ideas, but we would love your input.
- Listen to our latest Amp’d Interview, a great chat with singer/songwriter Sarah Emerson.
- Catch up on Howling Wind by Travis Thrasher in advance of the narrated version: http://thehinterlandssaga.blogspot.com/
- We’re getting closer to the time when we unveil the Frequency Gallery. We start our pilot the week of January 26th. When it’s ready to roll, we’ll remove the password, and you’ll be able to access it from here: https://www.frequency.fm/frequency-gallery/
- Comments and reviews are always appreciated. Links to iTunes are provided below.