For folks with some level of awareness related to Christian music, the name Paul Baloche is familiar If that doesn’t ring a bell, just name a few songs he’s written – like “Open the Eyes of My Heart”, “Your Name”, or “Hosanna (Praise Is Rising)” – and you’re bound to get a head nod. Many worship leaders cite Paul as a mentor, even if they’ve never met him. Such is his influence in the worship community.
On October 7th, Paul released his latest collection of songs for the local church, simply titled Your Mercy. Joe caught up with the Dove Award-winning songwriter in his new home – a one-bedroom apartment in New York City – to discuss the album and how it captures the recent changes for his family.
- For those of you who want to jump right to the conversation, the interview begins at 9:54 in the audio.
- Thanks to Integrity Music, and particularly Shannon Walker, for coordinating the interview with Paul.
- We’ll be at CMS Northwest again this year (as will Paul). If you’re planning to attend, be sure to drop by the booth and say “hey” to Joe. Who knows? Paul might even be hanging out for a bit…
For more information on Paul Baloche, visit:
- Website: http://www.leadworship.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/paulbaloche
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PaulBaloche