Our guest this episode, Greg Sykes, is one of those folks that we seem to run into a lot, and we’re always the better for it. The Covenant Award winning songwriter and worship leader hails from St. Catherines, Ontario (Canada!). His debut EP, Reverse, was released March 10, 2017, by Integrity Music.
Despite juggling family and multiple careers, Greg generously gave of his time to chat with Dan. In his humble, soft-spoken manner, Greg takes on topics like receiving criticism with grace, how Michael W. Smith influences his art, and – most importantly – how he fights for balance between prioritizing his family and pursuing his career in music.
- The interview starts at timestamp 8:02. Don’t skip ahead, though. The banter features exciting discussions about geography…
- We have determined that the distance between Charlottetown, PEI, and Portland, Oregon, is roughly 3600 miles or 5800 km.
- The CMS interview with Greg Sykes by Andrew Marcus is right here: Greg at CMS NW 2015
- Indeed, Coachella is a music festival in California. And Vans Warped Tour is a thing, too.
- We put together a short collection of videos below including the official video for his latest single, “Reverse”.
Reverse - Official Music Video
Michael W. Smith - Give It Away
Flashback! - Intense %22I Won't Make That Mistake Twice%22