As you are no doubt aware, we were fortunate to spend some time amongst fellow creatives at Christian Musician Summit NW last month. Our joint efforts with Worship Ministry Catalyst resulted in 40+ interviews. For this special episode, our 28th full podcast, Dan and Joe share a few of their favorites from among the artists and contributors. Plus, they banter about a bunch of random things that you know you love almost as much as the interviews.
- Despite pronouncing Trevor’s last name correctly (‘ma-thee-son’) during the interview, Joe butchers it while recording the pdocast. Trevor is used to it, but we still feel a little bad.
- Irony: the expression of one’s meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect. Considering this definition, we suspect that our use of this term was not wholly correct.
- Based on the fun we had conducting these interviews, we have introduced our new interview format – the Amp’d interview. Check a few out now: https://www.frequency.fm/category/interviews/ampd-interview/
- We mentioned conversations with a few other folks during the banter. You can find more information here: Tim Ellis from Triad Orbit; Noel Walker of Heartbeat Percussion; and Wisdom Moon of CentricWorship
- Don’t you think you should give us a shout out on iTunes? Well, we do. We’ll even make it easy by providing links to both the US and Canadian sites are provided: (US: https://itunes.apple.com/podcast/frequency.fm/id599474294?mt=2; Canada: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/frequency.fm/id599474294?mt=2
As we were minding our own business at the booth, we found ourselves blessed with the presence of none other than Holly Starr. She sat done and chatted with Joe for a few minutes on her way back from a benefit concert in Marysville. We hope you enjoy our little chat with her. Be sure to follow her on social media and check out her music.
Chelsea Peck of Mr. and Mrs. Something
At the encouragement of our friend and CentricWorship rep, Wisdom Moon, who should wander along to our booth but the ridiculously charming Chelsea Park, one half of the Northwest-based indie duo, Mr. and Mrs. Something. Haven’t heard of them? Well, consider that a temporary condition. Spend a few minutes with Chelsea during one of our CMS lightning interviews, and you’ll be ready to delve into the music she creates with her husband, Bino.
VBS Reachout Adventures: http://www.vbsreachout.com/vbs/d/build.asp?page=Home
Joe met Trevor last year on his first trip to CMS NW, just a few months into his tenure as Assistant Creative Director at WordWorship, and it was great to see him manning that booth again in 2014. After discussing receding hairlines and mutual friend Jessica Campbell, we got down to business discussing the latest from the worship arm of the venerable faith-based record label. Navigate over to their site to grab a free download, charts, and catch up on their blog.
Oh, and this photo of Trevor. Not sure where we found it, but he looks super-cool!
Trevor on Twitter: https://twitter.com/trevormathiesen
WordWorship on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WordWorshipMus