For the past several months, we’ve been watching Facebook as our friend and recent guest, Staci Frenes, shares the journey of writing for a new album as it unfolds. She recently launched a Kickstarter in order to raise funds to produce the album. For those of you familiar with the nature of crowd-funding, it is generally a stressful, uncertain, and potentially humiliating experience, and yet for indie artists, it has become very much the de facto approach to get your work in front of people. Joe spent a few fun minutes with Staci chatting about her vision for the new album, the experiences that inspired the songs, and how our kind listeners can help bring it to life.
- Support Staci’s Kickstarter campaign (do it now!): https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1643388390/new-staci-frenes-album-to-unpathed-waters-undreame
- If you haven’t done so already, pick up a copy of Staci’s excellent book, Flourish: Cultivate Creativity. Sow Beauty. Live in Color.
- Leaving a review on iTunes is one of the best ways to give exposure to the artists we feature on Frequency. We’d be more than honored if you would hop over there and say something (nice…)
Quick Links for Staci:
- Website: http://www.stacifrenes.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/stacifrenes/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stacifrenes