Happy New Year! Our first episode of 2017 features a returning guest: Skylar Kaylyn. The young singer/songwriter from Wyoming is celebrating the release of her third album, This Is Love, as well as her recent engagement (congrats, Sister!).
We caught up with her just as she was coming off the road after an East-coast swing. Skylar shares about the inspirations for the songs on the album (not necessarily obvious), her growth as an artist, and why surrender and humility are critical. Oh, and let’s not forget how important Def Leppard is to her signature sound…
- For those of you who want to jump right to the conversation, the interview begins around twelve minutes in. Of course, you’ll miss out on all the fun banter.
- Skylar’s fiance is a member of the band Bread of Stone. Visit their website for information: www.breadofstone.com/.
- During the interview, Skylar mentioned Mike Harland, the Director of LifeWay Worship Resources. He’s also the host of the excellent WorshipLife podcast. Make sure to check it out: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/worshiplife-mike-harland/id1099197235
- Skylar has been listening to Follow Through by Unspoken. Apparently, it’s pretty good. 🙂
For more information on Skylar Kaylyn, visit:
- Website: http://www.skylarkaylyn.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/skylarkaylyn
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SkylarKaylyn/