For our latest full episode of the podcast, we’re pleased to feature guest Claire Díaz-Ortiz. Some of you may already be familiar with Claire as an author, speaker, and technology innovator who has been named one of the 100 Most Creative People in Business by Fast Company.
Claire has published a number books that address topics such as business, productivity, or technology. But her new book is very personal. She just published Hope Runs: An American Tourist, a Kenyan Boy, a Journey of Redemption, a joint memoir written with her Kenyan foster son, Sammy. Joe and Claire discuss the how the book came into being, why now is the right time to share the story, and what Sammy is up to now.
- Claire is a voracious (she says “crazy”) reader (she reads 200 books a year). This year, however, she’s dialed that back some to only 150 due to the arrival of Lucia.
- She is the co-founder of a non-profit organization operating in AIDS orphanages in Kenya, Hope Runs, which also happens to be the title of her recently released memoir.
- Claire has lived on four continents and traveled to more than fifty countries. She used to run marathons, but now it makes her tired just to think about…
- When we asked her if she had any thoughts about music for her interview transitions she came up blank, but commented that she really enjoys Christa Wells’ 2013 release, Feed Your Soul. If you’re keeping track, I encourage you to make another mark on your “Seven Degrees of Christa Wells” list.
- You’re right…we didn’t use Christa’s music for transitions. We thought we’d instead share another talented indie singer/songwriter, Amy Savin. The songs featured were from her 2011 release, Skylines. She’s working on her follow-up as you read this.
- More interviews, articles and reviews of recent music releases and books, can be found on our site, Frequency.fm.
- If you like the show, we’d love you to leave us a review on iTunes. To make it easy for you, we’ve provided this handy link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/frequency.fm/id599474294
Quick Links for Claire:
- Website: http://clairediazortiz.com/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/claire
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/clairediazortizpublic