The holidays are in full swing, and we’re excited about the season. We’re also pretty stoked about Episode 12. Our guest is author Emily P. Freeman, author of Grace for the Good Girl and the recently published A Million Little Ways, a book that – if you’ve read our review – you know we’re quite fond of…
Emily’s heart for artists is apparent during her conversation with Joe. She shares her own journey as an artist as she moved from music to sign language and finally to writing. They discuss how important it is as an artist to show up (and a couple of ways that prevent us from doing just that), why it’s OK to copy, and how honoring God’s calling for us will occasionally require restraint.
- Emily mentions two artists who inspire here: Ellie Holcomb and our Episode 7 guest, Christa Wells. Most of the transition songs were from Ellie’s latest EP, With You Now. We also featured a song from Christa’s album, Feed Your Soul on which Ellie sings background vocals.
- Did you read our recent interview with The Sonflowerz? Get the latest about sisters Becca and Elissa and their new EP and 30-day devotional.
- Dan had the episode off since he was celebrating his birthday (December 10th – write it down). No one knows how old he is. He still looks 22…
- More interviews, articles and reviews of recent music releases and books, can be found on our site, Frequency.fm.
- Reviews are always appreciated. To make it easy for you, we’ve provided this handy link: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/frequency.fm/id599474294
Quick Links for Emily:
- Blog: http://www.chattingatthesky.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/emilypfreeman
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/emilyfreemanauthor