Happy Holidays to all! We are very hopeful that you are enjoying this episode in the comfort of your own homes or at the very least in a space that is relaxing and conducive to a joy-filled season celebrating the birth of our Savior. For your listening pleasure this week, we present to you an interview with the remarkable Michael Neale, a Dove Award-winning songwriter, author, and worship leader at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, TX. Michael’s songwriting credits include “Your Great Name,” “Mercy Tree” and “Gloria”, and his songs have been recorded by artists such as Michael W. Smith, Natalie Grant, and Todd Agnew, just to name a few. He’s also the author of three books—Your Great Name, The River and its sequel Into the Canyon.
We caught up with Michael on the heals of the release of Songs of the People by Prestonwood Worship. We discuss the genesis of many of the songs of the album – stories of individual members of the congregation – and how they are incorporated. In addition, we touch on Michael’s work as an author, the relationship between creativity and the Father, and Prestonwood’s ambitious celebration of the Christmas holidays.
- As noted during the interview, you can purchase Songs of the People with the accompanying DVD which features interviews with many of the individuals whose stories inspire the songs. From our perspective it’s the best way to experience this collection.
- Leaving a review on iTunes is one of the best ways to give exposure to the artists we feature on Frequency. We’d be more than honored if you would hop over there and say something (nice…)
Quick Links for Michael:
- Website: http://www.michaelneale.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mwneale
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MichaelNealeOfficial
Quick Links for Frequency:
- Frequency on Twitter
- Frequency on Facebook
- Frequency on Google+
- Dan on Twitter, Google+, Facebook
- Joe on Twitter, Google+