It probably goes without saying that this current season is quite challenging. Each week seems to bring another tragedy, and many people ask why God allows suffering and evil to occur. Or worse yet, there are those who believe that God uses these events as an act of judgment to punish those the perceive as sinners.
And then our guest, Lucas Miles, enters the scene. Lucas is a writer, speaker, life coach, talent manager, church consultant, pastor, and film producer (whew!) who recently published the book Good God: The One We Want to Believe In but Are Afraid to Embrace.
In Good God, Miles examines culture’s popular (but erroneous) perspective of God and our tendency to attribute all occurrences to Him – good and bad. Rather, he offers an alternative to Hallmark theology and points us instead toward a view that sees Him as loving and entirely good. Listen in to this timely and penetrating discussion about the very nature of God.
- Lucas (who Joe continues to refer to as “Miles” during the interview) is Prinicipal of Miles Media Films, a full service film production company, specializing in Hollywood feature films and commercial videos. We’ll catch up with him later this year to learn more about the work they’re doing in the film industry.
- We were introduced to Lucas by our recent guest, Katie Gustafson. Katie is recently married and is now officially Katie Hill. Congrats, Katie. You’re the bomb!
- When Lucas referenced John 10:10, Joe couldn’t help mentioned our interview with Daniel Hill and his book 10:10: Life to the Fullest.
Quick Links for Lucas Miles:
- Website: https://lucasmiles.wordpress.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/lucasmiles
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lucas.miles/