Leading up to the release of his first book, 10:10: Life to the Fullest, our Episode 20 guest, Daniel Hill, blogged about the conflict that exists for many Christian artists: self-promotion versus Christ-like humility. It caught our attention, and we shared it immediately. This ultimately led to a great conversation about the journey of his book release as well as digging into the themes of 10:10: faith, fear, and fulfillment.
Daniel Hill is the pastor of River City Community Church, a multi-ethnic church in the Humboldt Park neighborhood of Chicago. As a pastor’s kid, he was was initially drawn to the business world but migrated ultimately to work in ministry. Our interview with Daniel explores 10:10, his anti-marketing strategy to promoting the book, the innately superficial nature of establishing a platform, and the need for artists to maintain their integrity in both creating and sharing their work.
This episode features songs from David Dunn’s forthcoming EP, Crystal Clear. The album is David’s debut and is scheduled for release July 15 by BEC recordings. It is available for preorder using the provided link. Learn more about David and Crystal Clear on BEC’s official album page.
- Don’t miss our book review of Finding Spiritual Whitespace by Bonnie Gray. The review was written by one of new contributors, Mark Newton.
- Our team is growing! In order to get more content to you, we’ve invited some folks to join us. We’ll be sharing their work soon and also adding a contributor page to the site.
- Visit our Wise Words page to access a portfolio of insightful installments from past and future Frequency guests. Our most recent is from Episode 10 guest, Don Poythress.
- Thanks to Hannah for her feedback and to the other folks who’ve recently left reviews for us on iTunes. We’d love it if you’d do that for us, too. Here’s a link to get you started: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/frequency.fm/id599474294
Quick Links for Daniel Hill:
Quick Links for Frequency:
- Frequency on Twitter
- Frequency on Facebook
- Frequency on Google+
- Dan on Twitter, Google+, Facebook
- Joe on Twitter, Google+