Yes, the title is provocative, but we swear that it is not intended to be click bait – it really is a major theme in our featured conversation with Rich Kirkpatrick and Emilie Joelle, the father-daughter duo A Beautiful Liturgy. The make-up of the group is unique but their perspective on music and worship is universal. Joe connected with duo in the midst of the holiday season to discuss their eponymous EP, A Beautiful Liturgy, and dig into a number of topics including why liturgy is an important component of worship, why parent-child collaboration actually works, and, as the title suggests, why it’s important to be authentic but also good.
- The interview starts around minute 14. And in case you’re keeping track, you’re right: the banter keeps getting longer. We shall endeavor to practice more discipline.
- In addition to being a talented singer/songwriter, Emilie is also an established graphic artist. Check out her portfolio at http://emilie.graphics/.
- As mentioned in the episode, Rich is the author of influential worship-focused ebook The Six Hats of the Worship Leader.
- Don’t miss out on Patreon goodness. We truly appreciate the generosity of those who support us, and we would be honored to include you.
For more information on A Beautiful Liturgy, visit:
- Website: abeautifulliturgy.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/beautyliturgy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/abeautifulliturgy/